Flame Arresters are mechanical devices which allow the flow of air or fluid but prevent a flame from travelling through them. They are installed to stop flame paths travelling along pipes (in-line) and into vessels (end-of-line) and essentially performs two duties. Firstly, they squeeze the oxygen out of a flame to extinguish it and secondly, they cool the flame below its auto ignition temperature.
Why you need Flame Arresters ? A flame arrester limits the damage caused by an ignition. They can prevent a fire travelling from one part of a site to another and they can prevent a flame entering a vessel and igniting vapour.
Where are Flame Arresters used ? Anywhere where there are flammable liquids and gases, from fuel terminals, to chemical plants, distilleries and pharmaceutical plants.
As well as sizing, supplying and installing flame arresters, we also service in-situ and refurbish at our purpose built repair center – one of only 2 Groth Approved Repair Dealer workshops in Europe.
We are familiar with EN ISO 16852:2010 and have supplied and installed flame arresters into wide a variety of industries and applications.
Deflagration Flame Arresters or Detonation Flame Arresters ?
- Deflagration is a term describing subsonic combustion propagating through heat transfer where hot burning material heats the next layer of cold material and ignites it. Most "fire" found in daily life, from flames to explosions, is deflagration
- Detonation is different from deflagration as it is supersonic and propagates through shock. Detonation involves a supersonic exothermic front accelerating through a medium that eventually drives a shock front propagating directly in front of it. Detonations are observed in both conventional solid and liquid explosives as well as in reactive gases. Gaseous detonations normally occur in confined systems but are occasionally observed in large vapor clouds. They are often associated with a gaseous mixture of fuel and oxidant of a composition, somewhat below conventional flammability limits.
End-of-Line Flame Arresters or In-Line Flame Arresters ?
- ISO 16852 section 3.21 End-of-Line Flame Arrester - Flame arrester that is fitted with one pipe connection only
- ISO 16852 section 3.22 In-Line Flame Arrester - Flame arrester that is fitted with two pipe connections, one on each side of the flame arrester
Pressure Vacuum Relief Valves with Flame Arresters
Related pressure and vacuum safety-relief products
- Assentech have extensive experience in the supply, installation and servicing of tank equipment from all manufacturers, as well as a full understanding of the theory, standards and legislation that applies.
- Assentech supply all Groth's Product Range ( We are the UK'S Exclusive Supplier for Groth Corporation).
Some of our customers testimonials
After conducting a Third Party Witness Inspection, I was most impressed with Ewart and his team, their professionalism, and product knowledge I found to be excellent.
Assentech- Geodesic Dome Installation
Assentech were subcontracted to assemble and install a 25m geodesic dome for Shaft G on the Lee Tunnel project. My experience with Assentech from pre-contract through to assembly has been very positive. Unlike other subcontractors I have experienced on this project, Assentech had a very positive attitude to producing the level of documentation required for a project of this scale. Leading to a high quality pre construction packaged approved in a timely manner. The communication regarding the manufacturing process was first class allowing us to easily plan our works and prepare the site. Dome assembly was carried out very efficiently and completed to programme. The task was correctly resourced and well supervised. The work force had a positive attitude and carried out the task safely. In summary from my perspective it has been a very easy subcontract to manage with a high quality finished product.
We were extremely pleased with the level of service and professionalism demonstrated by Assentech, right from our initial enquiry, through delivery and post installation. As a recipient of only two of these awards made by Eastman Chemical Company in the UK, based on performance in 2014, Assentech are rightly proud of their achievements.
As you said “you delivered what it said on the tin”. On time and on budget. Your up front engineering to determine the suitability of your product for our application was second to none, i have not seen anyone else in the industry pay as much attention to detail before you get the purchase order number as Assentech.
Assentech have supported our Navigator Terminal (formerly known as Vopak Teesside) on two important projects by providing technical assistance and supplying and fitting a total of 11 Internal floating roofs. Both projects have been completed on schedule and on budget. Assentech have provided an excellent level of experience and front end engineering support with high quality drawings and documentation. Their specialist on site labour have worked collaboratively with us and Assentech have proven to be open, honest and flexible partners.
We have experience of both their Heavy Duty Pontoon type and Full Contact IFR’s and we continually monitor operation and performance of all lFR units Installed on site and consider the Assentech supplied Matrix brandto be the best in the market with exceptional build quality and rigidity. Our clients have inspected the installations and have always remarked upon the build quality and have been impressed with their strength in fully supporting up to four people without noticeable deformation. The design and construction of their stainless steel shoe seals continue to prove to operate excellently with no noticeable reduction in performance or flotation ability over the time since Installation.
Assentsch have proven to be extremely competitive on price and their installation and inspection activities have always been thorough. Navigator therefore have no hesitation in recommending Assentech to other companies considering their services.